H-E-B updates purchasing limits on meat products at San Antonio stores
H-E-B had readjusted purchasing limits on meat products at San Antonio stores.
According to H-E-B’s list of limits, the amount of fresh meat products customers can buy has increased, but frozen items have been added. The limits apply to San Antonio stores, Central Texas, Gulf Coast, Border region and West and North Texas towns. H-E-B first enforced buying restrictions as a response to the coronavirus pandemic.
READ MORE: The latest news and features about coronavirus in San Antonio
The limits, updated May 8, are as follows:
- Fresh beef, ground beef, chicken, pork, turkey: Limit 5 packages combined, not five of each
- Frozen chicken: Limit 2
- Frozen raw beef burgers: Limit 2
A recent wave of meat plant closures due to the coronavirus has cut production nationwide.
“H-E-B sources most meat products locally from Texas and works with many suppliers across the nation, most which have not been widely impacted by the coronavirus outbreak, however the situation changes daily,” an H-E-B spokesperson said by email. “H-E-B has a strong supply of meat product for our stores. Product limits are in place to protect the supply chain and ensure all customers have access to the products they need and leave some for their neighbors.”
Stores in the Houston area, Abilene, Big Spring, Burleson, Cleburne, Grandbury, Hudson Oaks, Midland, Odessa, San Angelo and Waxahachie have different limits. Those can be found here.
All H-E-B stores have the same purchasing limits on non-food items. Those are as follows:
- Acetaminophen – 2 items total (includes baby, trial and travel sizes, OTC)
- H-E-B Acid Controller/Famotidine and Pepcid 50ct and larger – Limit 1
- H-E-B Acid Controller/Famotidine and Pepcid smaller than 50ct – Limit 2
- Baby wipes – 2 items
- Disinfecting & antibacterial sprays – 2 items
- Disinfecting & antibacterial wipes – 2 items
- Trial and travel size disinfecting & antibacterial sprays/wipes – 2 items
- Liquid bleach – 2 items
- Hand sanitizer – 4 items
- Hand soap – 4 items
- Aloe Vera – 2 items (Digestive Health, Skincare/Suncare, Healthy Living)
- Hydrogen peroxide – 2 items
- Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol/swabs – 2 items
- First Aid and Cleaning Gloves – 2 items
- Masks – 2 items
H-E-B says the same limits do not apply to Central Market stores. Those restrictions can be found here.
Madalyn Mendoza covers news and puro pop culture for MySA.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | @maddyskye
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE: