DHD#10 now offering water sampling shipping to three counties
MANISTEE — District Health Department #10 (DHD#10) is now offering a free service to those looking to ship water samples to the DHD#10 Water Lab in Ludington.
Residents can now drop off their water samples at DHD#10 Crawford, Mecosta or Wexford County offices to have them shipped for free to the Water Lab.
“We saw that there was a need in these community for this kind of service and it’s in our power to provide it. We are excited that these drop-off locations have been added,” said Tom Reichard, director of Environmental Health at District Health Department #10 (DHD#10).
To ensure proper use of this new service, follow these steps:
• Pick up a sample bottle and “Water Laboratory Analysis Request” form from one of the 10 DHD#10 locations;
• Collect the sample on the same day it will be taken to the office for shipping;
• Complete the “Water Laboratory Analysis Request” form and come prepared with the proper payment ($20 per sample bottle); and
• Drop the sample off to one of the three offices above by 1:30 p.m. on one of their designated drop-off days — Tuesday in Crawford County; Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Mecosta County; and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Wexford County; and
• If there is a Holiday on the week of water sampling, contact the office involved to confirm the shipping times.
For questions about the new drop off locations or the water shipping process call the local DHD#10 or the Water Lab (231) 316-8579.
District Health Department #10 (DHD #10) is Michigan’s largest geographical health department, mandated to promote and protect the public from unsafe and hazardous conditions and provide methods of promoting good health and disease prevention. DHD #10 serves Crawford, Kalkaska, Lake, Manistee, Mason, Mecosta, Missaukee, Newaygo, Oceana, and Wexford counties. For more information, visit www.dhd10.org.