Commentary: Jon Hartley and Jackson Mejia — Inflation even higher for the poor
No one now disputes that inflation is unacceptably high.
But our discourse around official measures of inflation, like the Consumer Price Index and the Personal Consumption Expenditures Price Index, revolve around how higher prices affect the typical consumer. Among lower earners, the effect of inflation is significantly worse — even in environments when official measures of inflation seem modest.
Source link Google News
- Brad Keithley’s chart of the week: Paying for budget reality
- Shall This Be UK Horticulture's Defining Decade? Promar's…
- Economic Indicators - Sourcing Data To Drive Investing
- Labor Market Kept It Tight in 2022
- Transport and Logistics Stocks on the ASX
- How China reopening earlier than expected could affect…
TOPICS Spend Analysis