Amazon Business Exchange: Technology, Analytics, Innovation and Endurance
As we explained in our post last month, Amazon Business is holding its first ever business customer conference in Europe next month. Called Amazon Business Exchange (ABX) it will take place on October 9th in London with an agenda that will get the corporate procurement community connected on technology, analytics and innovation.
Amazon Business has just announced the full set of speakers, sessions and the agenda for the event which will attract leaders from procurement, finance and the supply chain across all industries. We spoke to one of the speakers recently to understand a bit more about his topic. Paul Harlington is CPO of the well known global travel firm, TUI Group. He will be speaking about his strategy of “keeping procurement simple.” He is passionate about concentrating on where procurement can add value, and simplifying things where they can’t.
In particular he will speak about how using self-serve technologies will result in a better return on resource investment – helping CPOs to free up critical time for higher-value, more strategic projects that yield more value to the organisation. (And as an aside, Paul will just have completed a full IronMan triathlon raising money for Mind – the Mental Health charity – so look out for some relevant insights from that epic endurance event!)
The full schedule of the conference is available here and session highlights include:
- Managing organisational change whilst driving innovation – a panel discussion
- Business partnership and KPIs: delivering and measuring value
- Leveraging a marketplace in a public procurement context
- Implement a marketplace in thirty days or less: best practices and tools from the experts
And an impressive speaker line-up has been arranged, including:
- Renate Bachmann, Global Senior Sourcing Initiatives Leader, GE
- Nandini Basuthakur, CEO, Procurement Leaders
- Eric Bouret, Chief Procurement Officer, Bouygues Construction
- Tye Brady, Chief Technologist, Amazon Robotics
- Paul Harlington, Group Procurement Director, TUI Group
- Dietmar Harteveld, Head of SCM EMEA, Siemens
- Todd Heimes, Director, Amazon Business Europe
- Klaids Lafon de Ribeyrolles, Director, EU Ops Procurement, Amazon
- Keelie Leahy, Director of Innovation, Busy Bees Nurseries
- Lisa Lewison, Head of Procurement Strategy, AWS Marketplace
- Declan McAlister, Head of Procurement, Tate Gallery
- David Price, Managing Director, Barclaycard Commercial Payments
So a varied cross-sector set of speakers and topics from manufacturing, construction, design and innovation, through services, consulting, finance and the arts. There is surely something for everyone keen to understand more about how any organisation can leverage the convenience and value of Amazon for business in their daily sourcing and purchasing activities.
You can expect to find out more about how Amazon Business’ new features and benefits can be tailored to your business needs, and how that might help you towards your procurement transformation goals. Representatives will be available throughout the day to answer all of your Amazon Business buying questions.
We hope to see many of our readers on 9th October at Victoria House Basement, London for a 9am start, at what should be a worthwhile new business event for leaders within procurement, finance and the supply chain.
More information and registration can be found here